Plasma cutters provide an excellent way to cut steel, aluminum, stainless steel and titanium in just about any way you can imagine. They are a great tool for any metal worker and alongside a welder can help build just about anything. Picking your plasma cutter should be an exciting process and with our plasma cutter reviews we hope to make that process as easy as possible. Browse our collection of articles and videos that will help you find the perfect machine for your work needs and budget.
Check Out Our 2020 Plasma Cutter Shoot Out
Our shootout compiled all of the best plasma cutters on the market in 2019 and we picked out the clear winners for a variety of categories. This is the guide that manufactures don’t want you to see.
Choosing A Machine
- The Best Plasma Cutters Based On Power and Build Quality
- The Best Plasma Cutter Under $300, $500, $700, $1000, $1500 and $2000
- The Best Plasma Cutters With Built In Compressors
- The Best Cheap Chinese Plasma Cutter Under $500 For Very Small Budgets
- The Best Plasma Cutter For Metal Art
- The Best Plasma Cutters For CNC Tables
- The Best Plasma Cutters For Auto Body Work And Car Restoration
- The Best Plasma Cutter For Farms and Homesteads
- The Best Plasma Cutter For DIY Projects At Home
- The Best Plasma Cutter For Cutting Knife Blanks
- Hypertherm Powermax 45 Review – THE PERFECT 10!
- Miller Spectrum 375 X-Treme Review – One Of The Best 30 Amp Machines
- LOTOS LTP5000D Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter Review: Too good to be true?
- Hobart 40i – The Budget Friendly 40 Amp Machine
- Hobart 27i – Fantastic Dual Voltage Machine On A Budget
- PRIMEWELD 50 Amp CUT50D Review – Huge Capability Under $300
- Is The Primeweld Cut60 Any Good? YES IT IS!
- LOTOS LTP5000D vs. PRIMEWELD CUT50DP vs. PRIMEWELD CUT60 vs. LOTOS LTP5500D
- LOTOS LT5000D vs LTP5000D – Which Is Better?
- Hobart 27i vs. Hobart 40i? Which Is Better?
Resources and Answered Questions
- Our Youtube Channel
- How To Use A Plasma Cutter – A Comprehensive Beginners Guide
- What’s The Difference Between a 220V and 110V Plasma Cutter?
- Is The LOTOS LTP5000D Any Good? Surprisingly YES!
- OSHA Safety Regulations For Plasma Cutting and Welding
- How To Find The Right Consumables For Lotos Plasma Cutters
- How To Plasma Cut Metal Art From A Projected Stencil
- How To Cut Steel Pipe Using A Plasma Cutter And Rollers
- How To Cut A Straight Line With A Plasma Cutter On Sheet Metal
- What’s The Best Plasma Cutter For Cutting Shipping Containers?
- Off-Brand Plasma Cutters You’ve Never Heard Of
Evaluation Points We Consider When Making Our Reviews
While creating our plasma cutter reviews we keep a lot of different key things in mind when determining the best machine for the specific category that we are reviewing. You’ll find that a lot of our reviews are based around price categories simply because many buyers have a set budget that they can afford. This means that it’s our job to provide them with the best machine that fits that price.
When it comes to choosing the best machine we strongly take in to account the machine’s brand as this tends be the number one source of its build quality. Simply put, name brand plasma cutters made here in the US are built stronger and better than cheaper machines made in China. Secondly, we evaluate the machines power to price ratio and compare it other machines in this same category. Lastly, we take a look at useful features that the machines have. There are certain features we strongly recommend in all machines like Pilot-Arc for example. There are other features that are application specific like dual voltage or having a built in air compressor.
Once we collected and analyzed all of this information we make a decision on the best machine for that specific application. Being that we are blue collar guys ourselves we tend to recommend higher quality tools. We know how much of a beating these machines can take when being worked out in the field and the last thing anyone wants is a machine that breaks on the job.